The Ambassador’s Special Self-Help Program (ASSHP) offers grants up to a maximum of $12,000. The program provides assistance to small, community-led projects that promise to have an immediate impact on Ghanaian communities as part of an ongoing commitment by the U.S. government to support Ghanaian-driven development activities at the local level.
ASSHP hereby announces a call for applications from organisations that might be interested in applying for funding for community-based development projects. Priority consideration will be given to projects which demonstrate potential for women’s empowerment and women’s economic development. The Ambassador’s Special Self-Help Program is accepting applications until May 15, 2020. To be eligible for support under ASSHP, the applicant must have the following:
• Be a Non-profit organizations, Non-Governmental Organizations or Community-Based Organizations.
• Be a Community Association formed at least one year before date of application.
• Project should be initiated by the community and should benefit the community by increasing income or improving living or social conditions.
• Project should be administered at the community level.
• Project should be sustainable and not require continued support after the one-time contribution from the Special Self-Help Program.
• Projects must be within the ability of the community to operate and maintain sustainably.
For additional information about this call, visit the U.S. Embassy in Ghana website at:
or call 030-274 -1000/ 030-274-1473 or e-mail AccraSelfHelp@state.gov