|Name of Applicant :||Nyame Na Aye Women Kente Sellers Association|
|Title of Action :||Gender equality in Kente weaving|
|Geographical Area :||Ashanti|
|Action ID :||# 1-26 NNAWAKSA|
|Action Score :||69.5%|
|Total cost of Action :||¢22,074,250|
|BUSAC's % of Total cost :||90%|
|Self Financed :||10%|
|Action Duration :||3 months|
|Support from Outreach Facility :||¢2,207,425|
|Summary of the proposed Action :||(a) The need, or the constraint to alleviate
The relegation of women into the background of the main Kente weaving industry which is the main source of income for the people in the locality.
(b) The proposed solution to the identified need or constraint your achievement
(c) The implementation plan to achieve the solution your Action
4. Women will come together as a group to articulate and find solutions to their own problems
5. Women will take up the challenge to join their men folk in the mainstream Kente weaving as a way of employment.
6. The income level of women will go up to be able to support their family.
7. The women can actively participate in decision making at home.
8. The myth and superstition surrounding women participation in Kente weaving will be removed.